Thursday, March 1, 2012

Guess who is screenprinting!

If you guessed me you are right! If you guessed some one else, you may still be right. I don't know for sure.  So I had to order some emulsion sheets from amazon way cheaper and stupid Michael's didn't have any.   I did my first successful screenprint. One shirt for me, and one for my etsy!

I used a song lyric from one of my favorite songs of all time.  And I'm so thankful to Benny the Wolfe for teaching me to screenprint with my...WHAT?! There is a Benny the Wolfe sticker on my blog!
He is harder to catch than a leprechaun!------------>
So anyways, here is the shirt I made for myself and the other for my etsy:



2 comments:

  1. I've always been intersted in screen printing. Is it very hard to do? Do you need a lot of equipment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more long and precise than hard. Honestly I had to do it three times before I got it right. I also have wanted to do it for a long time so I would say go for it! I have a yudu screenprinter which came with everything I needed for my first time except for the emulsion remover. Once you do it, then I don't think it's that hard. The yudu products are a little expensive but my friend that helped me is currently building his own non yudu screenprinter that will be cheaper and give you a little more freedom. But I would definitely reccomend you try it and just take your time and go slow to eliminate as many mistakes as possible.

    ReplyDelete