Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mermaid dress with rhinestones

I'm not 100% happy with the outcome of this dress. I really want a dress form because that would help, but they don't make them small enough to fit me. I have a mannequin but the demensions are off again, because it has huge shoulders.  So anyhoo practice makes perfect but here's what I made. I was really excited to find the rhinestone chain at Hobby Lobby and I sewed it on by hand. As I write this, I'm waiting for an emulsion sheet to dry in the hopes of having my first successful screenprint! Fingers crossed. Oh boy....

2 comments:

  1. Goegeous color! I had a dress form years ago. It was very useful when I had to draft patterns for other people. The brand I had was "my double" but it broke within a year and I could adjust the size anymore. I do not recommend that brand. It seems to be the only one available in the states though. That's why I haven't replaced it, but if you come across another please do share. I'm eager to get a new one since I do so many customs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the only one I've been able to find too. Maybe I'll try amazon or something. If I find a different brand I'll let you know. Thanks for the advice, because I would've most likely bought that brand. You just saved me a couple hundred :0)

    ReplyDelete