Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cinderella Costume Ballgown

A few weeks back, my boyfriend and I were thrifting around town. I found this formal blue dress, which I'm guessing was a former bridesmaid's dress.  It reminded me of Cinderella's ballgown. I tried it on and it fit perfectly, except for the length. All it needed was a few alterations to get 100% there. I purchased a few yards of sheer white fabric and attached some poofy sleeves for maximum princessness.  I added some more fabric just underneath the waist band and kept the bow and rhinestones visible. The tiara and "glass slippers" are accessories I like to keep on hand for any princess related activities I may need to attend.  I also live near a park that happens to have a pumpkin carriage. I thought it only right to include it in my photoshoot.  I wanted the picture to look like a storybook, but I'm not happy with the results. Next time I guess...

For Sale: https://www.etsy.com/listing/103146597/cinderella-princess-costume-dress-or

1 comment:

  1. How awesome that you have such a fun prop near you. There's and old antique train car near me that I've been itching to hold one of my shoots on.

    ReplyDelete