1. Start with your choice of fabric folded right sides together. A 1/2 yard should be enough. Measure how big you would like the bag to be and cut fabric.
2. Sew the side together. The fold of fabric should be on the bottom of the bag. Leave the top open.
3. Fold under the top of the bag all the way around and sew hem.
4. With what is left of your fabric, still folded together, cut narrow, straight straps.
5. With right sides together, sew straps along edge. Leave top and bottom open.
6. Turn straps right side out.
7. Fold edges in side and sew closed at each end of both straps.
8. Sew straps to bag at hem on inside of bag, and reinforce as shown.
9. Turn bag right side out and voila!